Saturday, January 2, 2010

On The Grid (Copicat Re-edit) - Lime


Now, I'm was never a big fan of Mr. and Mrs. LePage clean euro-disco. But I was very much into the covers, which matched the airbrush style of my teenage room. Here I'm not talking about the covers with the official faces of Lime, Joy Dorris and Chris Marsh, but the likes of e.g. the album Lime 3 (1983).
That album includes "On The Grid" which is a full fledged apreggiator-driven electronic disco anthem.
Copicat re-edited it on his 2003 release "#02" and made the arrangement a little more varied.

That 12" also features an instrumental speed-down edit of Grace Jones "Pull Up To The Bumper" and my personal favorite Afro Cuban Band's "Something's Got To Give".

Of course a bootleg, so nowhere to be found on any streaming. Go buy it here: "On The Grid (Copicat re-edit) - Lime

No comments: