Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Jefferson Starship - Miracles (Sunshine Jones Re-edit)

The first time I heard this melody, was on De La Souls "I am I Be" off their 1993 "Buhloone Mindstate" and it's been haunting me since. Actually, back then I already had the original "Miracles " by Jefferson Starship off their Red Octopus album, but it was not until this re-edit came out I went back and listened to the original from beginning to end. 
A beautiful original, but this re-edit does legitimate the re-edit genre. Here, the original is updated with respect.
Loop, dubs, delays and filtering - the works. The vocals are kept to a minimum just popping up a few times as forgotten memories of an echoing distant. Added snare and kick put it in a frame. Love it!

Go buy the Sunshine Jones edit at Treehousemuzique store 

Listen to the Sunshine Jones Re-edit:

No comments: