Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Pet Shop Boys - Love Comes Quickly - Jean Claude Gavri Love Trip

Currently PSB is touring Europe and getting fine reviews. I'm not familiar with their new work, but being an ex-semi-fan their 'Golden Age' songs always makes me smile. PSB-golden age to me is 1985-1988 - in particular the first singles.

Jean Claude Gavri's rework of their second single off the 'Please' debut album is THE best dub version I have heard of any PSB song! Not even Shep Pettibone have nailed one like this.

Jean sped up the song a little and kept only the instrumental parts - except for a few 'uhuhu-uhuhu's. On top of that a few spices make this rework a fresh sounding track; a touch of extra hi-hats, additional synth bass and a 303 acid-type synth to support the melody.

Only downside is that the Facebook download is limited to ten days only... :(

1 comment:

Olibaba23 said...

How can I buy this remix?