Friday, January 16, 2009

Hott City - Feelin' Love ( Lunar Jam Re-edit), 1979


Now, I'm Mista-know-it-all. At least that's what I thought...

Fall 2008, I heard a mix including Lunar Jam's "Our Feel Love" and I dug it right away. What a great house track with a true disco feel and sound! But through a Youtube browsing I found out that it was "just" a re-edit of Hott City's "Feelin' Love" (1979). The original on the Butterfly label still sounds fresh after 30 years and with the help from the guys at Lunar Jam it is now a newborn classic - if it wasn't already. Lunar Jam kept the pulsating percussive parts and the smooth'n'sexy chorus. And - this is the best part - they slowed it down by some 15 bpm (down til 120 bpm). A tempo which suits the track better, IMO. Others would just have sped it up and added 4-on-the-floor.

Now I've been schooled - again...

Buy the Lunar Jam EP if you're into slow instrumental cosmic disco. And if you're in Leeds visit their monthly FREE party (see myspace)

No comments: